Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to the hospital!

On Friday afternoon, my mom was driving me to pick up Jeremy from work to spend the weekend at Jeremy's family's house, when i got a call from my doctor. She was worried about me because my blood work was looking worse, along with my liver function, and my blood pressure had been high. I went to a hospital by Jere's work and got my blood pressure tested. 179/95 WAY TOO HIGH!! So we drove back to Tooele and went to the emergency room. I don't know what i would have done without mom because she took Austin home and fed him while Jeremy stayed with me at the hospital. My doctor told me I had pre-eclampsia and was at risk for seizures, so they put me on a magnesium drip for 24 hours, and then kept me another day to see how my blood pressure was doing. My whole body was so swollen (especially my legs, feet, and face) and in only one day I peed 6 liters!!!! SIX LITERS!!! Now I'm not very swollen anymore. It was a very scary experience for me!! At first they told me I wasn't going to be able to bring the baby in, but then i was transfered to Labor and Delivery where they took care of me and Austin was able to come visit. His grandmas took care of him, and I am so grateful for both of them!!! i am doing better now, my blood work is back to normal, but my blood pressure is a little high still. About 135/89, but it's constantly going up and down.
Austin got to meet Grandpa Griffin and Uncle Brandon in the hospital!!


3 comments:

m@R(! said...

oh man AMY! you have had the worst labor story ever...whenever a bunch of ladies start talking about how hard their labors were, you officially have the WORST! I want to meet Austin sooo bad.

Stacey said...

Amy, I am glad you are doing better and are back home with your family. Take care of yourself. Love the pictures of Austin, he is super adorable.

mistyp said...

That's scary stuff! Having a baby is hard work...so is recovering from all of it! I'm finally feeling "normal" after two months. Hope things go better for you now!