Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I want my BACK back!!

Well, I haven't posted for along time, and unfortunately this isn't happy news. Right after Austin was born (1 1/2) years ago, I fell and hurt my back. Well, it' s been bothering me a lot and so I went to a chiropractor today. He x-rayed it and suspected that i may have actually fractured my back when i fell!!! ouch. As a result of that fracture, I now have what is called spondylolisthesis and scoliosis.

And, I am currently at a grade 3!!! I will be doing a lot of treatment, exercises, and deep tissue massage to try and make improvements in my back, but it will most likely never fully recover. I may have to get it fused someday, but let's hope not. Well, that is my exciting news for the day. I'll try and post something exciting next time, oh wait, here's something exciting. Jeremy and I bought land behind our property to make our back yard enormous!! We planted onions yesterday out on the property, well, he did, while I chased Austin around (who is afraid of worms). It is so much fun to have all that space. Next project, putting a fence around the entire property (one that isn't falling over and barbwire). Well, i'm going to bed now. Goodbye!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Ouch!! I hope that treatments help. The backyard sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to come and see your cute house someday. Love ya lots!

Stacey said...

Oh Amy, I am so sad to hear this. I hope the Chiropractor can help you. That is exactly what I have that has prevented me from running all these years. If you like to swim that is a good exercise for you. Any exercise that will keep you OUT of the flexed position and any pounding exercises. Also staying flexible & keeping your core strong will help with the pain. Some of the best shoes I have found that help with back pain are the Sketchers Shape-Ups, they are like walking on clouds, very comfortable. Because you are on your feet so much at work those might help make you more comfortable.

Stacey said...

WOW! Sorry for the advice Amy! I am sure your chiropractor will guide you in the right direction...I think the Athletic Trainer in me just came out:)

cari said...

Sorry about all the back problems. Having kids doesn't help either. My back is always in bad shape after giving birth. Hope its starts feeling better soon! Thanks for the advice Stacey! I think I want some of those shoes>